Skip to main content

Memoir of a nightmare.




Not much separates you and me,

A thin curtain flowing in between,

Fighting for long we have been.

 

I see your silhouette,

Acing the misleading, “I’m fine”,

Hiding your bruises in shouts of mine.

 

At midnight, you see my shadow,

While wiping the cold sweat off your brow,

As I express the pain, on behalf of you.

 

I follow you in your darkest dreams,

While you hide my gifts, the dark circles,

Artfully with your concealing creams.

 

As the sun rises,

In my arms, you push your worries,

As you go about enjoying life’s cherries.

 

Once again, I recede behind the flowing curtain,

Accepting that my suffocation is certain,

Until the next midnight when I find you alone.

 

You want to banish me with a pill,

But return I will,

Until you become civil.

 

Civil with your troubles,

Till you don’t hide me in the shambles

Of your mind while you play life’s next gambles.

 

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chaos

Chaos is the only constant in any person’s life. Each person whom you might cross paths with has some or the other mess going on for them. Some, get worried about the messy bedroom that they would be going home to after rushing out of the house like a bullet train, some agonize about the chaos that might ensue in workplaces if they do not reach on time while some are pretty occupied with the chaos in their relationships with people or some are just plain worried about how they would garner the motivation to clean their desk. We all wish that our lives would go as we plan. Be it planning out the day and hoping that you wouldn’t run late to your morning lectures, or to wishing that you could not get stained by your morning dose of caffeine as you try to multitask effortlessly. But it hardly happens that way. We are surrounded by randomness not only in the material world but also in the emotional world. Many of us would agree that the randomness by which we make connections with peo

Breathe

  I breathe now, To live and laugh tomorrow, To fulfil hopes and goals, of several loved souls. Each breath makes me wonder, How do they stay asunder? From loved souls who have them in a hold, Just to get someone a breath so bold. Their breaths are muffled, As they keep up their hustle, Not stopping to breathe, Eternally resting with just a condolence wreath?